Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First!

Hello there! My name is Lita and I finally decided to start a blog about Dusty! There is so much to write about. But lets start from the beginning.

Kevin--my boyfriend of 4 years--and I decided to get a dog back when Kevin moved into his newly remodeled home in June 2009. However, moving in, finding roommates, busy schedules, and other things in life prevented us to get one. Thus we decided to wait till next year, after the yard was done.

However, I decided to do some research about finding a dog. Surprisingly, Kevin was the one who really wanted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I thought it was kind of a girly dog because corgis were so cute. But after some research, I found out that corgis are really awesome dogs. Medium-sized dog, but has a lot of energy. We wanted an active dog so that we can live active life-sytles. Most of the time, Kevin and I are lazy couch potatoes... That is slowly changing! The most important factor for me was that the breed had to be "smart", aka very trainable. Luckily, I found that corgis are very smart dogs, being number 11 on the "Smartest Dog" list.

I massively spammed all the breeders from the Golden Gate Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers within my area, once we realized that we wanted a corgi for sure. Only two responded back saying that all their puppies were taken or that I would have to fill out a form and wait 6 months. However, one of them referred me to Tim. He actually had two 4 month old puppies, Chad and Dusty. He ended up choosing to keep Chad and train him for show. Thus, making Dusty available for adoption!

Tim sent us the pictures below:

Dusty at 5 weeks old:

Dusty at 4 months old:

After seeing those pictures, I scheduled to meet Tim and Dusty ASAP. After meeting Dusty, I automatically knew he was the one. Dusty was completely sociable with Kevin and me. He was excited to see me and Kevin, and totally licked my hand. While I was playing with him for about an

This was a picture of me meeting Dusty for the first time!

While playing with Dusty for about an hour, he got some dust stuck to his nose, that was when I knew Dusty was was the perfect name for him. Tim said changing his name wouldn't be a problem, but Dusty was really too perfect.

Kevin and I adopted Dusty in December 2009. I really feel so lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment